News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Cave dweller wiring question

Started by Philthy, June 27, 2017, 12:06:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Philthy

I want to wire a cave dweller permanently on in a multi build.

I am not using the led pads on the pcb.

I have in "in" and "out"  wired up and the "g" to hooked up to ground.

I am only getting clean signal with no delay effect.

Voltages r spot on.

should I be doing something with the three unused pads? Ie: the led pads and the "l" pad

Thanks

madbean

No that's right. Sounds like something else is going on there....correct voltages, dry through and no delay means that delay signal is not producing or grounding out somewhere. I'd start with audio probing pin15 of the PT2399 to see if you are getting guitar input to the chip and then pin14 to see if you are getting delay output.

Philthy

Thanks Brian. I don't have a probe but will investigate making one...

In the meantime....I actually have two cave dweller boards exhibiting this problem - they are going in a  dual  delay thing. I built them together so it may be a component issue I suppose....

Had a thought - if D2 (the green LED) was reversed, would this result in no delay signal?

madbean

Quote from: Philthy on June 27, 2017, 11:57:50 PM
Had a thought - if D2 (the green LED) was reversed, would this result in no delay signal?

Possibly. Make sure you get those the right way round.

jimilee

Where'd you source the pt2399s? Are they known to be good?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

cajone5

I had experience with a batch of bad PT2399's... don't know where I sourced them as I had purchased several from different places.  I think it was an eBay purchase though.  That'd be my first check too.

Philthy

Got them both working guys - thanks.
LED was fine. Had a cold joint on each.