News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Uproar Pedal Question...

Started by J0K3RX, August 02, 2011, 11:52:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jkokura

A different pot will have a larger effect on the gain type than the diodes. Diodes affect the character of the gain, the pot affects the amount.

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

J0K3RX

Quote from: jkokura on August 24, 2011, 10:58:12 PM
A different pot will have a larger effect on the gain type than the diodes. Diodes affect the character of the gain, the pot affects the amount.

Jacob
Thanks Jacob! I am using a 100kB pot and I have measured it to make sure it's correct. I will try another one and see if it helps. It has quite a bit of gain just not as much as I would like. I have played the "real" pedal and it has more gain than this one. The last one I made seemed to have more gain also so I am kinda scratchin my head..? I used the same pots as the last build also. As soon as I get this thing right I am gonna box it up and move on to the next build, spending way too much time on this one... Next will be the SEVERE...  I loves the high gain stuff!

jkokura

I think using a 250K or a 500K will raise the gain. I sometimes forget if it's a larger pot or a smaller pot... if it reduces the gain, go the opposite way and try a 50 or 25K.

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

mgwhit

A larger pot should increase the gain in this circuit.  The Gain control on the Uproar is similar to the Aristocrat in the way the pot combines the 4580 op-amp output and negative feedback.  Increasing the Gain pot on the Aristocrat from B100K to B250K is the recommended "high gain" option.  I like it on the Aristocrat, but I have no idea how it will work in the Uproar.  Give it a try, but I recommend using alligator clip leads to experiment.  Good luck!