News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Dandy Horse

Started by dan.schumaker, March 14, 2017, 12:49:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dan.schumaker

Here is my Dandy Horse that I finished up last night.  First impressions are really good.  I really like the flange mode so far.  Just picking some chords out on it, Purple Rain just jumps out at me.  I plan on spending some time the next few days exploring the other modes and what this bad boy can do.  The build and calibration were super easy, the guys did an amazing job with the build doc to make it very straight-forward to follow along what to do to properly calibrate the pedal.

I made one little mod to the pedal, I added a dry output to it, using a simple op-amp splitter.  This works well with the blend switch.  It was fun playing it in stereo this way, really makes the modulation jump out at you.

Boba7

That was quick! Amazing job, I'm really curious about this circuit! How was the biasing? :)

dan.schumaker

Quote from: Boba7 on March 14, 2017, 02:23:35 PM
That was quick! Amazing job, I'm really curious about this circuit! How was the biasing? :)

Biasing was super simple.  The instructions do a great job spelling it out, and the labelled test pads make it that much easier.

jimilee

Boom!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

Haberdasher

Awesome, there's 1 successful build!  Why am I not surprised you were the first, haha.
Anyway, I'm super glad you like it.  It's a whacky beast, that's for sure.
Looking for a discontinued madbean board?  Check out my THREAD

FABBED PCB's FOR SALE:
Now carrying Matched JFETS

stringsthings

All You Need Is Love

bluescage

LaceSensor

Wowzers. Echoflanger.... awesome