News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

GASing bad for this. Anybody have experience with Eastwood guitars?

Started by matmosphere, April 11, 2017, 09:54:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

matmosphere

I've wanted a fender Bass VI for a long time but never had the money together for one. I was happy when the squier came out but bummed when they raised the price. Figured I'd find one used at some point and snag it up. Then I saw this...

http://eastwoodcustoms.com/projects/tb-64-6-string-bass/?utm_source=EASTWOOD&utm_campaign=d41b1b0308-EMAIL_APRIL06-EWCS&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_247f2ff6bf-d41b1b0308-27488533&mc_cid=d41b1b0308&mc_eid=89fa586f55

It totally checks a lot of boxes on the weird spectrum that I enjoy. It's a hefty price tag considering I hardly have time to play these days and I have four guitars and two basses already.

Anybody have experience with Eastwood? I've been following them for a long time but there isn't a dealer near me so I am unsure of the quality.

Aristatertotle

I played a couple Eastwood guitars at a shop I went to in Asheville, NC while I was there on vacation. The ones I played were pretty solid from what I remember and looked perfectly quirky.

brucer

I've got an Eastwood Classic 12.  No complaints.  The luthier I use to set up guitars is pretty particular and he thought it was a well-built instrument.  It needed some fret work immediately and he suggested a pickup upgrade might be something to consider in future (TV Jones TV Classic were recommended), but otherwise it was ready to go out of the box. After playing it for a bit, I've sent it back to him to get the neck reduced from 20"-radius to 9.5" and vintage frets installed because I was getting hand fatigue after playing a lot of barre chords.  It's a keeper.  Just my experience mind.

matmosphere

20" radius!? I bet that was interesting.

Glad to hear some positive feedback. I figure at the very least it has to be a much better guitar than the original tiesco.

matmosphere

drolo

Yeah they really just kept the looks of the old guitars. Contructionwise it's all solid wood as far as I am aware.
I had one at some point called airline map or something
It played great. I eventually sold it because I just did not need it. Thei VI's look great, as do their Warren Ellis tenor guitars ...

peAk

Never played an Eastwood but I dig their style

this one included

m-Kresol

I generally like eastwood guitars (optically speaking), I never played one. This one is not really my cup of though.

Nevermind, what I wanted to contribute, is that Joey Burns from Calexico is playing his Eastwood for years now and I always liked the tone
I build pedals to hide my lousy playing.

My projects are labeled Quantum Effects. My shared OSH park projects: https://oshpark.com/profiles/m-Kresol
My build docs and tutorials

jimilee

It says 6 string bass, is that the same as a baritone guitar?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

matmosphere

Nah, like a fender bass six. Essentially a guitar an octave down. So there are two extra strings above the normal bass strings, unlike a 5 string where the extra is bellow the normal four.

They can generally do bass duty well unless you play slap and pop stuff.