News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Germanium and copper fuzz face

Started by jimilee, February 05, 2017, 10:21:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimilee

Built this on a fuzz master pcb, sounds really good. Found this copper measuring cup and immediately grabbed it. It's obviously very old, which adds to the characteristics I think. Not sure how I feel about the knobs and I need to find something to fashion a bottom to it as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

cajone5

very nice -- pretty tight squeeze with all that in there too

Any chance you have a datasheet or image to tell what all those tabs on those jacks go to?  I have several and plan to eventually use a meter to sort it out but would love a diagram if you knew of one.

chromesphere

Love the look and color of copper!  I really need to keep an eye out for stuff like this when im at markets etc, could pick up some unique enclosures!

Is that my fuzz master?  Hope you like it jimi?
Pedal Parts Shop              Youtube

jimilee

Quote from: chromesphere on February 06, 2017, 01:04:46 AM
Love the look and color of copper!  I really need to keep an eye out for stuff like this when im at markets etc, could pick up some unique enclosures!

It is the fuzz master, and no, I never found a data sheet for the jacks. I use multimeter as well.

Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

jimilee

It is the fuzz master, and no, I never found a data sheet for the jacks. I use multimeter as well.

Aristatertotle

Stomptown

This is awesome Jimmy!   8)

I really need to keep an eye out for stuff like this when im at markets etc, could pick up some unique enclosures!

Lately I been frequenting the local 2nd hand stores looking for cool enclosures and vintage throwaway amps. It's amazing what you can find. 

devilsnight

Sweet! The first couple of pedals I made back in grade school I put in tuna fish cans (Not much else availible on no budget!). Cramped to say the least!

mjg

Very nice!

Maybe you could spray some knobs with a hammered copper paint or something like that?  I reckon that might work?

bcalla

Now that's cool!  What's it like drilling though that?

jimilee

Quote from: bcalla on February 06, 2017, 05:16:42 AM
Now that's cool!  What's it like drilling though that?
Stepless bit makes it a breeze