News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Recommendations on an analog tremolo?

Started by Tuxedo3, January 23, 2017, 04:44:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Timko

drolo is selling a single board layout of the Twin Peaks right now.  You'll need to get some rotary controls from him, and you'll need a TAFLO chip for the tap tempo stuff.

studiodunn

I really dig this one - http://www.musicpcb.com/pcbs/tap-tempo-tremolo

Put the Wave distortion on a pot and get some great effect.

Muadzin

+1 for the Shoot the Moon. It is simple and it can do both triangle or block. From nicely undulating to choppy. And I happen to like choppy a lot. The EA tremelo is simple too, but only does triangle, so no choppy. Which is why its been gathering dust for years now whereas I've built at least three Shoot the Moons.

Quote from: bluescage on January 27, 2017, 03:20:42 PM
I think it means : "at the moment" ;)

It better be, because there is 'another meaning'.  ;D

DPTX

Another vote for the tremulus lune.  I built an EA as well, it was ok.  But the 'lune is so versatile.  You can dial square to sine wave, affect the wave spacing (duty cycle), depth, volume, and speed.  And it is indeed easy to build.

bsoncini

I have a tremulous lune on veroboard.  Very versatile. Easy build.

A Cardinal v2. The harmonic tremolo mode is sweet. Gets the bass and treble tremoloing (?) At different times (out of phase?)

And a green currant. Sounds really nice. A bit different. The depth pot changes the frequency response of the tremolo. And no dicking around with expensive optocouplers or matched jfets. Easy build too.