News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Charge Pumps at Tayda - No.

Started by madbean, January 25, 2017, 08:22:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gordo

My last load of 8 pin sockets was awful. The guts pull out when you pull out the chip.
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

Jules

Quote from: gordo on January 27, 2017, 03:09:12 AM
My last load of 8 pin sockets was awful. The guts pull out when you pull out the chip.
Huh mine too! I happened to use one on a build where I needed to check 5 mn3207
To make sure they weren't fakes and the guts of the sockets were starting to hang out everywhere after about 3 chips. I will only buy the milled type from Tayda from now on but won't be suprised if they are problematic too.
Quote from: EBRAddict on January 26, 2017, 01:04:22 PM
I don't find Tayda's prices on charge pumps to be that great. What I've done in the past is check newark.com periodically to find when they go on sale and check arrow.com. Arrow has free shipping in the US and sometimes their prices are pretty good if you can put up with their UI.
The problem I have is they stop working not the pricing.

mrclean77

I have always preferred the "leaf"/cheaper kind of sockets as compared to the milled kind - not sure why, I think I have an easier time getting the chips in there, but I can't remember ever having to go in/out with anything a bunch of times, so I may have just been lucky thus far.

With either type, the IC legs still have to be bent to right angles and THAT is where my 'hands-not-made-for-this-kinda-stuff' can really wreak havoc.

Muadzin

Quote from: mrclean77 on January 27, 2017, 04:46:31 PM
I have always preferred the "leaf"/cheaper kind of sockets as compared to the milled kind - not sure why, I think I have an easier time getting the chips in there, but I can't remember ever having to go in/out with anything a bunch of times, so I may have just been lucky thus far.

With either type, the IC legs still have to be bent to right angles and THAT is where my 'hands-not-made-for-this-kinda-stuff' can really wreak havoc.

For pcb's the cheaper leaf type works best, for vero however I prefer the milled kind, as they work better with the links running underneath them.