News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

2017 Resolution - Build more analog delay/chorus/phaser/flanger pedals

Started by Timko, January 09, 2017, 09:53:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Timko

I have a couple of 2017 resolutions.  One is to build a looping controller, and it looks like that's covered with one I saw posted earlier.

The other is to build more analog delay chip stuff.  I feel that I've built some pretty big 2399 delay pedals (I own a Multiplex and a really tricked out Sagan Delay), but I'd like to venture into the BBD world a little more.  What I'm curious about is suggestions on builds.  The 2 obvious ones are Madbeans DM2 and DMM boards, as well as the lectric-fx A/DA flanger and their chorus pedal.  Are there any smaller board designers to be on the lookout for?  I saw DiabloChris had an analog delay I was too late to jump on.

to 2017, and another year of trying to build harder and harder things!

raulduke

I also want 2017 to be an analogue delay year for me.

So many awesome BBD projects in general recently, and more to come from the look of things  8)

Boba7

Yes, I definitely want to build analog delays this year too!

First the Aquaboy with modulation, see how it goes first, then if possible add another mn3005 to get more delay time...

And then if all goes well, well... Timelapse? :)

A flanger would be great too but I can't really find the motivation since my (slightly) modded boss HF2 is perfect for my needs... Maybe I should just sell it haha!

cajone5

For 2017 I'm looking to clear out my half-build stuff I have right now and finish up my personal board and build an acoustic multi pedal with comp, delay, reverb and possibly chorus or phase.

Other than that, I'm hoping to play more :)

And on the BBD delay, I hear everyone there.  The DMM projects (PT2399 and 3005) are really piquing my interest as well as the TT delay project that will hopefully be done soon.

Govmnt_Lacky

Lovetone Flanger???

Figured I would mention it although I doubt it will get serious attention. I believe only 3 of us here have built one (Alan, Lace, myself)

Timko

Quote from: Govmnt_Lacky on January 10, 2017, 04:48:56 PM
Lovetone Flanger???

Figured I would mention it although I doubt it will get serious attention. I believe only 3 of us here have built one (Alan, Lace, myself)

I saw a post mentioning that only 3 people have built one, and I would be quite interesting in taking that challenge on.

Govmnt_Lacky

Quote from: Timko on January 10, 2017, 05:42:33 PM
Quote from: Govmnt_Lacky on January 10, 2017, 04:48:56 PM
Lovetone Flanger???

I saw a post mentioning that only 3 people have built one, and I would be quite interesting in taking that challenge on.

All of the documentation is on this forum.  ;)

Timko

All 28 pages of it I see!

I know nothing about the Lovetone boards other than people go crazy over them.  While I'm probably going to start with a smaller chorus, I expect to pick up one of then and take it on this fall.

Timko

Holy information overload!  I can see myself with the Nameless for sure as well as some of the other boards.  Maybe it's time to give etching boards a try as I've gotten a good handle on it with enclosures.

sonnyboy27

I definitely want to build the Timelapse when it comes out. Thinking of making a big box with a couple ODs, a reverb, and an insert so I can put whatever delays I want in it to fill out a mini board.