News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

My house decided my "amp Fluid" was low.

Started by flanagan0718, December 27, 2016, 03:34:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

flanagan0718

Haha! Yeah the internet never lies...good stuff. Thanks all for your advice. At this point it is all dry and stinky. Yes I said stinky. It wasn't "grey water", I won't go into details. So, after sanitizing the floor I am now left with a bunch of smelly gear that is waiting for evaluation by the insurance company. The will call me and let me know when they can get an adjuster out to look at everything. If it's claimable I am still on the hook for a deductible but that's better than having to buy all this stuff out of pocket. I'll let you know where it goes from here in case (god forbid) this happens to anyone else on here. Thanks again for your support guys.

-Mike-

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jimilee

Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

jimilee

Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

flanagan0718

Just in case anyone was wondering, insurance would have covered it if the deductible was met. My deductible for this was $1000. Because it was a overflow on my end and not something to do with the city it was the higher deductible. I had to cancel the claim because I don't have the $1000 to throw at this. Thank you everyone for you support and knowledge. It really is appreciated.

flanagan0718

Just in case anyone was wondering, insurance would have covered it if the deductible was met. My deductible for this was $1000. Because it was a overflow on my end and not something to do with the city it was the higher deductible. I had to cancel the claim because I don't have the $1000 to throw at this. Thank you everyone for you support and knowledge. It really is appreciated.

flanagan0718

Some light poking through the dark...My amp works. I dried it out, blew it out, drained the filter caps and followed the suggestions you guys gave me. Everything tested out. After I cleaned it up and got it back together it sang just like it used to. There was no evidence of water on the boards or in the chassis. I think I lucked out on that. Now I just need to get started on replacing the post and switches on the pedals, and the tuner pedal. But, at least theres light...Thanks again guys!

-Mike-

juansolo

We've recovered stuff that's been submerged in salt water for days... So as long as none of it was powered up, and you do what people have recommended, you should be able to get everything back and running again. That smell... That's Mojo baby! ;)
Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

Muadzin

Out of curiosity, how does this deductible thing exactly works with your insurance?

At my previous job at the youth center we had insurance against burglary which was utterly useless as the first €2000 in damages in every break in was always never covered. Since almost all attempts never caused more damage then that we might as well have had no insurance and just put the money we would have paid instead on a bank account.