News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Finally finished up this Deulin' Herbies beast

Started by diablochris6, January 01, 2017, 04:47:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

diablochris6

I designed the PCB and built it up earlier in the year, but never got around to fixing up the enclosure. The color coded knobs and text makes this thing a heap easier to understand.

This is a semi-original take (or mashup) on the Mutron III/ Lovetone Meatball with a dash of the EQD Interstellar Orbiter. There are two envelope filters, one that wahs  up, and the other wahs down. The main tone shaping controls found on the Meatball are found in each circuit. The top row of controls is for a dual LFO that also controls each filter in an opposite manner. At a flick of the switch, you can have individual filters controlled by envelope following or by LFO, and the switch above the foot switch flips the order of the filter circuits. It might be hard to see in the pictures, but the text and knobs are color coded to make the most sense of the pedal.

Build guides of my original designs and modifications here

devilsnight

Wow, didn't expect that many pots to be hiding under the board. Nice work!

bcalla

That's amazing, great demo!  I'd love to make one - is there any way to buy the board?

m-Kresol

beast is a pretty good name for that. your projects are always a paradise for knob fiddling afectionados! amazing layout and build, Chris
I build pedals to hide my lousy playing.

My projects are labeled Quantum Effects. My shared OSH park projects: https://oshpark.com/profiles/m-Kresol
My build docs and tutorials

jimilee

Wow, just wow. You continue to out do yourself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

Martan

Awesome! Inside and out look amazing! But to be honest its hard to see anything without a Molecular Biology book behind it. I think my eyes are just trained that way for your builds:)

bluescage

Very nice built! Like devilsnight I didn't expect so many pots  :)

chordball

Damn, that's awesome! Great work man. Can you share which LDR's you used?

Leevibe

Serious twiddlage potential. Haha! This is amazing man.

Boba7

diablochris6

Quote from: bcalla on January 01, 2017, 05:25:12 AM
That's amazing, great demo!  I'd love to make one - is there any way to buy the board?

I have a few boards left. $12. PM me if interested.

Quote from: Martan on January 01, 2017, 03:43:30 PM
Awesome! Inside and out look amazing! But to be honest its hard to see anything without a Molecular Biology book behind it. I think my eyes are just trained that way for your builds:)
Ha! I did forget the book, but you can also tell that it's my signature style with all those knobs!

Quote from: chordball on January 02, 2017, 11:49:54 PM
Damn, that's awesome! Great work man. Can you share which LDR's you used?

I believe they were 10k/1M LDRs that I snagged on eBay. I didn't really test how accurate they were though. I have sockets on the board so I can test out others if need be though...when I get curious.
Build guides of my original designs and modifications here