News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

DI Box?

Started by raulduke, August 17, 2011, 01:35:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

raulduke

Was thinking it would be cool to have an active DI box (maybe even including re-amp) project (not transformer based) with extra goodies.

Maybe a buffer/splitter that has three outs for an amp, tuner and then to the DI circuitry for the DI out.

Something along the lines of this: http://www.tech21nyc.com/products/sansamp/bassdriverdi.html

This would be a neato project for people who play bass.

k.rock!

+a million...I've always wanted to learn how to do something like the Sans Amp...

-Kaleb
God bless!
www.kalebromero.com

jimmybjj

Don't know if you will find the link on this page useful but here it is anyway :)

http://sites.google.com/site/plexilandia/

Disclaimer: I don't know anything about this page or project, it's just something I came across.
Pcbs no longer available

jtn191

I'd be interested in this too, but it sounds like transformer based circuits (this and power supplies) aren't done much in DIY because the cost isn't really too far from the selling price

raulduke

Thats why I said not transformer based mate.

There are many active means of building DI's without having to use expensive transformers.

Besides, some say active circuitry is better than transformer based circuitry sometimes in DI's as the input impedance can be made higher (equal to or above 1M) more easily.

juansolo

Would definitely be interested in a DI box.
Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

Jargo

juansolo

Maybe with a loop and some ampiness about it... Could be a funky thang.
Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

raulduke

Yeah a bit of warmth would be cool.

Maybe a switchable circuit like the SFT (with baxandall eq) with DI circuitry stuck on the end.

That would be pretty cool for bass.