News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!

Started by matmosphere, November 01, 2016, 12:14:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

matmosphere

Hey guys, I've been busy with the new job, but I had to stop in to say happy halloween.  Hopefully I can find some time to build a few pedals before the end of the year.

gtr2

1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

alanp

I think I had one group of two kids knock on my door last night, with no costumes, and empty bags.

Much as the shops would like otherwise, it really isn't a thing in New Zealand.
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

Jules

Quote from: alanp on November 01, 2016, 04:16:24 AM
I think I had one group of two kids knock on my door last night, with no costumes, and empty bags.

1 group of kids here too. It has been getting bigger in Australia the last 10 of 15 years.
I live in a small rural town so not so much here anyway.

mjg

We had 7 kids knock here in Canberra.  They'd made an effort with the fake blood.  I did carve a rockmelon into spooky head and stick it on the letter box, so that might have attracted them. 

JackSkellington

Happy Halloween? To me? Thank you! :P

Happy Halloween to you, guys. ;D
«Just because I cannot see it doesn't mean I can't believe it»

Bret608

Quote from: alanp on November 01, 2016, 04:16:24 AM

I had wondered about that actually...my family and I are going to New Zealand to visit in about a week, and we were checking out the website for New World supermarkets, just to scope out where and when we can do some self-catering, etc. Anyway, we noticed that Halloween tomatoes were advertised. I figured it was either supposed to be a healthy option for the trick-or-treaters, or as you said, it isn't too big of a think there.

selfdestroyer

No one knocked on our door.. It was nice not having to pause "enter 80's horror movie title here" and have to get up. lol

Cody

Willybomb

Quote1 group of kids here too. It has been getting bigger in Australia the last 10 of 15 years.

I had some ferals knock on my door about 18 years ago, broad daylight, no costumes, going "Trick or treat".

After giving them something about "This is Australia, go away", I felt a little bad and went back to the kitchen.  I found them still hanging around on the corner near my gate and gave them a couple of packets of Super Hot Chili two minute noodles...