News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Boneyard/Plexitone Tone Control

Started by Bucksears, October 25, 2016, 02:29:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bucksears

Looking at the Boneyard schem:

In the tone section, is the 22K (R10) resistor part of the tone control, or is that something else?
I'm looking at replacing the tone control with the AMZ Presence control (for Big Muffs). Just curious what parts/sections I'll need to replace in the stock Boneyard circuit.

Thx
- Buck

stringsthings

Someone correct me if needed:

the tone section is made up of op amp IC2A, R10, C9 and the Tone pot (5kB)
All You Need Is Love

Bucksears

That's what I'm guessing - taking out R10/C9/tone pot, and (in the example shown) going out of pin 2, into the AMZ/BMP tonestack, then connect the end of the tonestack at pin 1.

drolo

If you remove R10 you remove the feedback resistor that sets the gain of the op amp (sets gain to maximum)
I am not certain how you were going to strap the tone control to the op amp but I don't think it would work the way you expect it.

What you could do is leave R10 in, just remove the tone pot and c9. Then you need to insert the tone control somewhere. The best place in my opinion would be to cut the trace between IC2B and R9 and insert the tone control there. That way you have the benefit of isolating the tone control from the volume pot.

Willybomb

Someone here has done a boneyard with TMB tone controls and a few other mods.... it's in the build reports somewhere.

selfdestroyer

Quote from: Willybomb on October 27, 2016, 09:34:13 PM
Someone here has done a boneyard with TMB tone controls and a few other mods.... it's in the build reports somewhere.

Was it this one?
http://www.madbeanpedals.com/forum/index.php?topic=3139.0

Willybomb