News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

FuzzRanger

Started by madbean, October 30, 2016, 03:45:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

madbean

Here is my other tolexed box. It's got a silicon Tonebender and one of the new mini Rangemaster boards. I debated over what order to put them in and decided on Fuzz-Rangemaster. I find the treble boost not useful with the Tonebender in front but with the input cap switched to mid-boost it makes the Tonebender sing and cut through.

I did one mod - the 10nF to ground on the Tonebender was changed to 1nF. This makes the circuit noisier but it really opens it up on my Tele. A great sweet spot plus it reacts perfectly to rolling the guitar volume down. Also, I spent some time on transistor selection and finding the right Hfe on them. I used 2N4401 for Q1 and Q2 and a 2n3565 for Q3. Q2 is about 100Hfe and Q3 about 130.

I had to get a bit creative with the power and ground wires since there were a lot of them to connect.

jimilee

That really looks great, get yourself a cowboy, vest and some nice boots, instant country and western metal star!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.