News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Master Tap + CV Control?

Started by warriorpoet, October 04, 2016, 11:45:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

warriorpoet

Hey guys,

I recently purchased a phenomenal delay that uses CV input to control time. So, in theory, I could sync all of my tap pedals (digital delay, tap trem, CV controlled delay) with one master tap switch.

There's a catch.

It seems the only way to do this commercially is have the tap converted into MIDI, then convert the MIDI pulse into CV. That's ~$350.

Is there a way to sync a couple NO tap effects and a CV controlled one without all of the rigamarole? Maybe the upcoming Tapanatorator?

Thanks for the help!

Grace & Peace,
Justin
Mzo.FX, Owner

m-Kresol

the tapanatorator is based around the taplfo2, which can only drive optical effects as far as I know.
I build pedals to hide my lousy playing.

My projects are labeled Quantum Effects. My shared OSH park projects: https://oshpark.com/profiles/m-Kresol
My build docs and tutorials

stecykmi

Quote from: warriorpoet on October 04, 2016, 11:45:51 PM
Hey guys,

I recently purchased a phenomenal delay that uses CV input to control time. So, in theory, I could sync all of my tap pedals (digital delay, tap trem, CV controlled delay) with one master tap switch.

There's a catch.

It seems the only way to do this commercially is have the tap converted into MIDI, then convert the MIDI pulse into CV. That's ~$350.

Is there a way to sync a couple NO tap effects and a CV controlled one without all of the rigamarole? Maybe the upcoming Tapanatorator?

Thanks for the help!

Grace & Peace,
Justin

first off, does the delay use a tap input or is it analog voltage to delay time? if its the later that should be controlled with an expression pedal. in any case probably not easily, basically you need a multi-pole momentary switch which aren't that common. you need at least one per effect, so a (3 or 4)pst or dt momentary footswitch. you also need to consider if the delay is NC, in which case its even hard to find a switch.