News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Anyone here build the FreeDSP classic? Do you have a BOM?

Started by EBRAddict, September 07, 2016, 07:46:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EBRAddict

This is a long shot request but there may be a couple in this group who've built one.

I bought a PCB off eBay, the BOM is from a German parts supplier with unhelpful part numbers like "MKS-2 4,7µ".

Wondering if anyone has built one and if you have a BOM?

m-Kresol

MKS-2 is a type of film capacitor I think. The important part is the 4.7µ. That is clearly a 4u7 cap.
Just ignore the part before the given capacities. You'll most likely know where to put ceramic, film or electros from the value and screen printing. you can also email/link me to the build doc and I can have a look at unclear parts for you.
I build pedals to hide my lousy playing.

My projects are labeled Quantum Effects. My shared OSH park projects: https://oshpark.com/profiles/m-Kresol
My build docs and tutorials

EBRAddict

Yeah I can go over the eagle files and get the part sizes and lead spacing. I was hoping  someone had already saved a Mouser cart or Excel file and would save me the time.

That one example is a WIMA 4.7u but the critical info is the size <= 7.2mm/side and lead spacing 5mm or it won't fit.  There are 12 on the board and they are over $1 each... and the WIMA seems to be the only one in that size format. Many of the others are generic MLCC but again the package size is critical on some sections of the board.