News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

total recall question...

Started by okeephoss, September 05, 2016, 04:31:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

okeephoss

it's working just fine, sounds great except the delay has a slight hum, or "hiss" on the repeats... any reason for this? 

czapa tranzystor 2

okeephoss

I have... Thanks for the help.  Would love a link to this specific topic.  Haven't found one.   

m-Kresol

well, it is a completely analog delay, so some noise is to be expected, especially on long delay settings. if the noise is always there also with blend it full dry, then there's a problem somewhere to find. If the noise is only in the repeats it's either not biased perfectly or it could just be the way it supposed to be
I build pedals to hide my lousy playing.

My projects are labeled Quantum Effects. My shared OSH park projects: https://oshpark.com/profiles/m-Kresol
My build docs and tutorials

Stomptown

I'm not sure if the build doc has been updated but this quote from an old thread may help:

Quote from: lincolnic on March 30, 2016, 03:17:32 AM
Make sure that you note the build doc is wrong when it tells you how to calibrate the Gain 2 trimmer. The actual way to do that is to set it so the volume is equal at pin 7 and pin 14/15 (either one) of the NE570.

FYI, when you search on this forum the search engine only searches within whatever sub forum or thread you are in at that time. Always return to main forum page before searching.

okeephoss

follow up question:  I ordered the wrong regulator at first... ended up buying the NTE equivalent at my local electronics shop.  (nte969)  I've heard NTE can be problematic... could this be contributing to the white noise on repeats?  It's the only thing on the board that's not exactly to the schematic.  I got it biased as perfectly as i can. 

Martan

Are you using the expansion board? I think I had some hiss do to a nearly broken wire between the two boards.