News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Electric Druid Flanger

Started by raulduke, August 12, 2016, 04:19:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

raulduke

Just seen this: http://electricdruid.net/flangelicious-a-super-dooper-flanger/

Sorry if this has already been posted, but this is a really, really, clever idea!

Replaces the typical clock and lfo circuitry for a Flanger and replaces with a Micro.

The signal path is still 100% analogue (all BBD).

This could be a really nice project to build an analogue Flanger relatively easily  8)

john_p_wi

Oh man, that is cool!  Just what I need another project!  Thanks for sharing, I'm definitely going to check it out.

neandrewthal

I`m waiting on the deluxe version that is (slowly) in the works. I`d love to hear a sample of how it sounds though. Flangers are pretty love em and hate em for me. I only have demos to go by but for example I love the Current Lover and hate the Colossalus. 

dbp512

Whats supposed to be in the deluxe version; does he have something written about it? I'll be picking this one up once I finish a few things I'm in the middle of, but I'd really like a tap tempo version that can sync with his lfo.
"you truly are a transistor tickler, what with the application of germanium ointment to sensitive fuzzy areas. :)" - playpunk

neandrewthal

Mainly just this comment from Tom on the Flangelicious page:

QuoteI think in the end, there'll probably be several versions of this flanger. The basic plain-vanilla four knob flanger (maybe with tap tempo, if I ever manage to squeeze it into the code. I can't let go of that idea..). The experimental multi-waveform flange-up/flange-down version that I started off with. And maybe, just maybe, a 14-pin all-the-bells-and-whistles version which has more options than anyone's ever seen on a flanger, which would let people put what they wanted in and leave out what they don't want. Although obviously, everyone will stick EVERY SINGLE KNOB on it and finish up with something that looks like a hedgehog that fell into a bucket of knobs.

So it`s still very up in the air what will be on it if and when he releases it. He told me in an email recently he was a little flanged out and concentrating on the 4 second digital delay which is cool with me because I would love to see that one come out too.

I just noticed there are sound samples up now that werent there the last time I visited the page. Im not really in love with the sound of it. I wonder if the 256 stage version would be more to my liking or if I should just follow my heart rather than my head and build the Flintlock Flanger instead, but its still tough because I really want a hedgehog that fell into a bucket of knobs.

Muadzin

At this point in time I'm just glad with a flanger that actually works. All my flanger builds sofar have ended in frustrating failure.

daleykd

I may have to give this a quick chance.  The only flanger I have is the Current Lover.  I haven't boxed it up yet.

I think I could probably squeeze the 4 knob flanger into a 1590B.  Then that'd be pedalboard worthy.

Muadzin

I just ordered two boards and chips for the Flangelicious and the experimental multiflange. The flangerwhore in me just couldn't resist.  8)

Quote from: neandrewthal on August 12, 2016, 07:36:25 PM
Mainly just this comment from Tom on the Flangelicious page:

So it`s still very up in the air what will be on it if and when he releases it. He told me in an email recently he was a little flanged out and concentrating on the 4 second digital delay which is cool with me because I would love to see that one come out too.

I just noticed there are sound samples up now that werent there the last time I visited the page. Im not really in love with the sound of it. I wonder if the 256 stage version would be more to my liking or if I should just follow my heart rather than my head and build the Flintlock Flanger instead, but its still tough because I really want a hedgehog that fell into a bucket of knobs.

I have an EHX poly chorus, which can also do flanging and it has the 256 stage MN3009 chip and it's not really doing it for me. I much prefer my Boss BF-2 over it.

raulduke

I'm going to order a PCB and chip's.

Looks like a fun project, and I don't currently have a flanger so it would be a nice addition.