Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Help with drive issue in Deadringer.

Started by iñigo montoya, July 26, 2011, 04:48:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

iñigo montoya

Hello,

first post here!

I have built several deadringers and always worked right but this time it seems I can't make it work properly. The sound is good, as expected, but it doesn't cut drive when drive pot is at minimum. You can hardly hear any difference between the pot at minumum and max. It seems like always at max.

I have built 3 pcb's and all of them do the same. I have tried yanking the 1n34a, two 1n4007 instead of 1n914... i have solder 2 and 1 drive cables to get real 0 k's but no results...

Don't know what else to try... anyone has experienced something like this in his deadringer?

Thanks.

madbean

The two places I would start looking are checking voltages on the IC and look closely at how the three way toggle switch is wired. Are you using a DPDT On/On/On?

iñigo montoya

Hey, thanks for the reply!

I am using a dpdt on on on switch and, as far as I can see it is wired right...

Where can I find the voltages expected at the IC?

madbean

You should get 9v on pin8, 0v on pin4, 4.5v on pins 1, 2, 5, 6, 7 and probably a little less on pin3.

iñigo montoya

thanks, i'm going to check those volts.

This is the switch i am using:

http://www.banzaimusic.com/MEC-M-80006-C-chrome-Toggle-on-on-on-DPDT.html

i have used them before in previous builds and never gave me any trouble... i have triple checked my wiring; i believe it is ok...

iñigo montoya

volts on IC are ok.

Tomorrow I am going to borrow the last one I made for a friend, and works properly, and look for differences.

iñigo montoya

Fixed!

I had wrong labeled resistors from my local store...  :-X inside the bag labeled 22k were 470k. Now it is with the right resistors and working like a champ.

Anyway, thanks Brian!