News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Prototyping rig #3

Started by madbean, August 01, 2011, 03:34:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

madbean

I keep filling up breadboards so I had to build number 3 rig. This one has an audio probe built out of a pen, which is so incredibly convenient. I breadboarded a new delay design with it over the weekend (using the Holtek 8955A).

[attachment deleted by admin]

irmcdermott

sweet! look forward to hearing the progress on a new delay project!

gtr2

I think I'm going to steal that pen idea at some point.  I'm tired of dealing with a flabby wire when probing.  Sorry that sounds perverse....  :-X
1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

night-B

I definitively need to build one like that! The dirtbag isn't released yet and you are already working on a new design? Man you're on fire  ;)

madbean

I wish I were joking when I say I'm working on 4 delay designs simultaneously. Wait, five. Oh, fudge. Not all to be released, obviously, but rather to decide which are the best ideas. I have one other idea for a multiple PT2399 delay which I'd like to explore....done in a kind of clever way (or not). Not much else to say really until I get the designs locked down.

irmcdermott

Any of those 5 designs have a possibility for a tap tempo?  ;)

bigmufffuzzwizz

Always keeping us on edge with anticipation..
Owner and operator of Magic Pedals

madbean

Quote from: irmcdermott on August 01, 2011, 06:52:12 PM
Any of those 5 designs have a possibility for a tap tempo?  ;)

One of the designs uses a PT2399, so the Taptation is a possibility. I'm getting close to finished on that one...it's designed around the DMM but all the filtering has been replaced to accommodate the different delay type. It sounds f'n good! I spent several hours on it today instead of what I was supposed to be doing. But, it was worth it.

The Holtek one cannot use a tap tempo, as far as I know, due to the way the clock works on it. The two delays have different features. The pt2399 has a lot of controls and goes in a 1590BB, and the holtek has longer delay, three controls and goes in a 1590B. Something for everyone, I hope! I totally stoked on these two designs.

irmcdermott

Really looking forward to these!

madbean

I'm getting pretty excited about this pt2399 delay. I added two modes for repeats, analog and tape. The tape thing sounds really cool. I've also added modulation. I'm feeling bold so I may try for double delay on it, too!

irmcdermott

Excuse me while I go change my pants...

gtr2

yeah that sounds awesome  :o
1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

T_MBaker

This sounds super cool. Love me some delay. Can't wait.

nzCdog