News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Neat Eagle trick (too cool not to post in this forum)

Started by culturejam, July 24, 2016, 03:03:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

culturejam

I was working with the guy who runs D'Avanzo Guitars in NY showing him some basic Eagle stuff the last couple weeks, and he's the kind of guy who jumps in with both feet. So he saw a cool PCB that had complex graphics showing through the solder mask, which looks awesome on OSHpark's gold finish pours. He figured out himself how to do it, but I thought I'd pass it along:

Whatever you put on the Tstop and Bstop layers will not have solder mask applied. Pads, for example, exist on these layers. So if you put graphics or text on that layer, it will show through to the copper layer on that side of the board.

Here's an example:

Partner and Product Developer at Function f(x).
My Personal Site with Effects Projects

jubal81

Bad.
Ass.

Board looks like fun, too. I need more axials in my life.
"If you put all the knobs on your amplifier on 10 you can get a much higher reaction-to-effort ratio with an electric guitar than you can with an acoustic."
- David Fair

stecykmi

brejna

madbean

Definitely cool. I know OSH doesn't do well with high resolution gfx on the silkscreen layer, but apparently it's okay on the copper layer.

culturejam

I think the gold border around the board edge looks ace.

Quote from: madbean on July 24, 2016, 04:19:45 PM
Definitely cool. I know OSH doesn't do well with high resolution gfx on the silkscreen layer, but apparently it's okay on the copper layer.

They have a newish guide on that now, but you've probably already seen it:
http://docs.oshpark.com/submitting-orders/import-bmp/
Partner and Product Developer at Function f(x).
My Personal Site with Effects Projects

GrindCustoms

Woah!!!

I foresee some utterly artsy pcbs in the future!
Killing Unicorns, day after day...

Building a better world brick by brick:https://rebrickable.com/users/GrindingBricks/mocs/

daleykd

Quote from: madbean on July 24, 2016, 04:19:45 PM
Define high res?  They've done a great job with my 500 dpi stuff.

mrclean77

Ha! Although not a huge fan of gold, I've seen gutshots of the Mad Mojo stuff on IG and wondered how he got that look...neat-o!!!