News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

We're out... (UK leaves EU)

Started by juansolo, June 24, 2016, 07:28:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nzCdog

Quote from: juansolo on June 30, 2016, 08:14:54 AM
A very long read, but one of the most balanced considerations of how we got into the situation I've read. I encourage reading it if you've any interest in how countries end up in this predicament.

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2016/jun/30/brexit-disaster-decades-in-the-making?CMP=share_btn_fb

In a way, reading that makes me think that we were heading here regardless and because of that, it makes me much more accepting of the situation. He's absolutely right on many issues that led to this that I noticed and I'm sure many others have too. We've just ignored it. This will at least force some sort of response from the ruling class. Indeed, it's sent them into disarray. But they'll have to address these issues now or watch the country implode on itself.
Very interesting read.

juansolo

Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

Muadzin

It would appear that the strategic thinking behind the Brexit camp was similar to the one behind the invasion of Iraq.

1:Leave the EU
2: -
3: A new golden age for the UK?

drolo

I had never realized people in the UK had such creative insults:

you are one confused bag of mince
you boil-in-the-bag rent-a-clown
YOU ARSE-CHEEKED BOLLOCK-WAGON
you incompetent ventriloquist-dummy-faced spunktrumpet
you reprehensible spam faced tool bag
you back stabbing cockwomble
You're an absolute wankcrumpet
you haunted pork mannequin

alanp

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flyting

There's an ancient tradition in Scotland and England of competitive insults.
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

Muadzin

I just realized something even more depressing. I can excuse the average Joe for making an emotionally driven decision that will far reaching consequences for his own future, for the average Joe may not know everything that is at stake. But we expect a little more from our politicians, whom we in theory elect to make this hard decisions for us. But some of these Eurosceptics have been at it like since forever and the Tories have been tearing themselves apart over EU membership since like forever. At least since the Major years in the 90's.  You'd think that by now the Eurosceptics would at least have developed a strategy as to what would happen and what they would do if they would get their way. Since it appears that they haven't it kind of defeats the purpose of electing these smegheads.

juansolo

Quote from: drolo on July 06, 2016, 08:39:37 AM
I had never realized people in the UK had such creative insults:

you are one confused bag of mince
you boil-in-the-bag rent-a-clown
YOU ARSE-CHEEKED BOLLOCK-WAGON
you incompetent ventriloquist-dummy-faced spunktrumpet
you reprehensible spam faced tool bag
you back stabbing cockwomble
You're an absolute wankcrumpet
you haunted pork mannequin

Haunted pork mannequin is my favourite, not only for creativity, but because it's a perfect description of the man.
Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk