News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Is this builder anyone here?

Started by culturejam, June 10, 2016, 12:57:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

culturejam

Partner and Product Developer at Function f(x).
My Personal Site with Effects Projects

flanagan0718

Quote from: culturejam on June 10, 2016, 12:57:16 PM
Just saw this on my local Craigslist:
https://newjersey.craigslist.org/msg/5611219605.html

Looks like one of us.  ;D

Don't know who it is but if you find them, Tell them this is Badass!

Martan

Did you check out the internal wiring there? Only other pace I've seen it was the build of the year winner this year. I dig the wooden faceplates. I wonder if that's a veneer or a solid piece.

peAk

that's some Leevibe inspired wiring for sure.

One day, I am going to attempt wiring like that .......one day.  ::)

matmosphere

Really like the look, the guy definitely has some skills. I've gotten to the point where I can't stand pedals with that many knobs and no labels, it would be impossible to actually use. For some reason I can remember what transistors, ics and diodes are in a pedal I've made but if there's more than the knobs I can't keep them straight.

Timko

Quote from: Martan on June 10, 2016, 01:31:22 PM
Did you check out the internal wiring there? Only other pace I've seen it was the build of the year winner this year. I dig the wooden faceplates. I wonder if that's a veneer or a solid piece.

It looks like veneer.  Both my brother and my father are amateur woodworkers and I think we're going to have to do a collaboration now :).

lars

My guess is that is the work of Matt Reinhardt of MJR effects...
https://www.facebook.com/mjreffects/

culturejam

Partner and Product Developer at Function f(x).
My Personal Site with Effects Projects

pickdropper

He makes some nice looking builds.  I think he's a member on BYOC.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

Muadzin

Quote from: Matmosphere on June 10, 2016, 01:43:57 PM
Really like the look, the guy definitely has some skills. I've gotten to the point where I can't stand pedals with that many knobs and no labels, it would be impossible to actually use. For some reason I can remember what transistors, ics and diodes are in a pedal I've made but if there's more than the knobs I can't keep them straight.

It can be odd that way. Of course when you're remembering what's inside you're usually under no pressure whereas when you're actually using the damn thing, like on a stage, with bandmembers and the audience waiting and looking it does tend to make it harder to remember what knob does what.

matmosphere

Ha, just reread my post. Sorry I meant three knobs, my phones autocorrect is terrible.

All his stuff looks undeniably cool, but putting the veneer on the pcbs is a little over the top imo.

Leevibe

That's some seriously nice work! I want to try some wood veneer some time. That's so gorgeous.