News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Pink Whale - Snarkdoodle etching

Started by LateCentury, June 16, 2016, 03:25:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LateCentury

Here is my first attempt at squeeeeeezing a build into a 1590a box. Man, every millimeter counts. I'm not even going to post a pic of how messy the insides are. The enclosure design transfer was done using the color laser printout/acrylic polyurethane method.

It sounds pretty good, except I'm getting kind of a subtle choppy decay when I let the strings ring out. No idea what that could be, but since I have this crammed in there so tightly and it being my first ever pcb etching I'm surprised it works at all!

stringsthings

Looks great.  Nice colors and little pink whale.
All You Need Is Love

beneharris

Ah come on, post gut shots. Nobody is going to give you a hard time for it! The graphics look really cool.

LateCentury

Quote from: beneharris on June 16, 2016, 04:01:24 PM
Ah come on, post gut shots. Nobody is going to give you a hard time for it! The graphics look really cool.

LOL you asked for it...

stringsthings

The PCB turned out very well.  By coincidence, I also started out my PCB etching with Madbean boards.
They're etch friendly with large ground areas so they etch faster.
All You Need Is Love

nzCdog

matmosphere

That's excellent! Colors are perfect, and the knobs look great on there. It doesn't look too bad in there.

Mojo Fandangle

Looks great. Who cares about the guts.

That choppy decay that you're worried about is the exact sound I love about fuzz/dirt pedals that don't "sustain for days".
It's the radness factor. I love it when notes die a messy death. Just go with it, be one with the messiness.
I especially love that sound when double string bends die out.
"If you don't do it yourself, no-one else will do it yourself"

https://www.youtube.com/user/MarkDally

pickdropper

That's adorable.  I'd rock that mini.
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

LateCentury

Quote from: Mojo Fandangle on June 17, 2016, 02:47:24 AM
Looks great. Who cares about the guts.

That choppy decay that you're worried about is the exact sound I love about fuzz/dirt pedals that don't "sustain for days".
It's the radness factor. I love it when notes die a messy death. Just go with it, be one with the messiness.
I especially love that sound when double string bends die out.

Oh, thats good to hear... I was thinking the choppy decay meant there was something wrong with build, like wrong capacitor or something not making a strong connection. And yes, its more noticeable on double string rings.

Orbis_Ignis