News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

First etch! Lycanthrope trem

Started by jtaormina, May 01, 2016, 06:26:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jtaormina

This is my first ever enclosure etch. I don't know why I waited so long to try it. It was a lot of fun and turned out pretty good I think. Next time I need to go longer than 20 mins. I would have liked more depth. I read on the ferric chloride bottle that temperature can effect it. I kept it stored in basement so it was a smidgen cold. Next lesson learned is to etch the drill marks. Don't know why I didn't do this. Not thinking. 
I'd say I'm hooked on etching now. Can't wait for the next one!

Anyway a very special thanks to Stomptown. I got the popped board from him in the BST area and sat on it forever, wish I hadnt. I love the sound. It's super cool. I also followed his etching guide to the letter and it worked perfect! Thanks!!

Oh I also learned fine lines are hard. Notice the "yca" of Lycanthrope didn't come out great. Oh well.

matmosphere

stecykmi

m-Kresol

I build pedals to hide my lousy playing.

My projects are labeled Quantum Effects. My shared OSH park projects: https://oshpark.com/profiles/m-Kresol
My build docs and tutorials

Orbis_Ignis

Stomptown

Man, that etch looks perfect!  Great job!!!

Martan

selfdestroyer

Such a clean etch. Great job man.

Cody

Lubdar

That turned out great!!! Nice and clean :)
(--c^.^)--c

bcalla

Drew Hallenbeck

Looks great!
After doing a couple etched enclosures, I think I'm hooked now too.
Building with my daughter and occasionally selling as "Daddy Daughter Pedal Works"
Not for any real profit, just trying to have a self-funding hobby.

George

cool etsh is cool. I hope my first etch to look that good :)

jtaormina

Quote from: Stomptown on May 02, 2016, 07:34:41 PM
Man, that etch looks perfect!  Great job!!!

Thanks Stomptown couldn't have done it without you!
Thanks to everyone for the kind words. I'll be doing more etching from now on. It's super fun. I'm gonna try a reverse next I think!

stringsthings

Very nice.  I still haven't tried enclosure etching.
All You Need Is Love