News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Firebomb Layout Questions

Started by greyscales, July 20, 2011, 11:07:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

greyscales

Being a bit new to making pedals, and not really being familiar with Madbean pedals especially, I have a question about the Firebomb layout:

1. Do the LEDs need a resistor soldered to them, or are they incorporated somehow into the layout already? I only ask so I don't burn out any LEDs when I test it.

2. Would the design work in a 125B enclosure vertically? Specifically I am referring to a Mammoth Electronics pre-drilled enclosure, with two switches and five holes for LEDs and knobs.
Here is a link: http://www.mammothelectronics.com/4S125B-p/500-1002.htm
The next to last drilling option is what I am considering, as I will be in a college dorm and can't imagine people being happy if I tried it myself in there.

Thanks in advance. I've been reading the forum for a while now, and you guys are some of the nicest and most helpful it seems.

gtr2

1) Yes, the LED's have the current limiting resistors already tied into the layout. (R11 + R12)

2) Yes, the 125B Vert 3 Knob, 2 LED, 2 FS would work.  You cannot use board mounted pots though and you'll have to be careful of shorts depending on how you stick the pcb in there.

Welcome to the forum!  ;D

Josh
1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

greyscales

Thank you for the quick response.
I thought that would be the case for both, so that's a relief.

gtr2

1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer