News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

a couple boosters

Started by cjkbug, July 10, 2011, 05:25:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cjkbug

here's a thunderpuss and a slambox both in 1590a's the thunderpuss is finished with clear transparency covered with epoxy. it's the glossiest most durable finish I've ever done. the slambox was a little rushed but came out pretty good anyway, finished with gold enamel-waterslide-clear.

I got blisters on my fingers!!!

jimmybjj

Pcbs no longer available

Haberdasher

Awesome job as usual!

I think I'm going to try that pour on epoxy pretty soon.  I bought some at Home Depot and it's sitting in the closet.  Is it hard to use?  I know it has to be level for the top, but how do you get even coverage on the sides?
Looking for a discontinued madbean board?  Check out my THREAD

FABBED PCB's FOR SALE:
Now carrying Matched JFETS

Loztboy

cjkbug

Quote from: Haberdasher on July 10, 2011, 06:18:27 PM
Awesome job as usual!

I think I'm going to try that pour on epoxy pretty soon.  I bought some at Home Depot and it's sitting in the closet.  Is it hard to use?  I know it has to be level for the top, but how do you get even coverage on the sides?
just don't drill your holes till after it's hardened. use standoffs so you don't glue it to your table, and sand the hardened drips off. measure and mix properly or it will remain tacky.

jkokura

Great job! I was thinking about using a card theme for a series of builds - yours looks particularly good. Nice stuff.

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

night-B

I never tried epoxy but it tickles me for long. Nice job as usual  ;)

nzCdog

Great graphics man... me likey lots  :)

gtr2

Nice stuff!  One of these days I might try the epoxy coat.  I'm just not a big fan of drilling after the clear coat.  :-\
1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

cjkbug

Quote from: cjkbug on July 10, 2011, 09:12:01 PM
Quote from: Haberdasher on July 10, 2011, 06:18:27 PM
Awesome job as usual!

just don't drill your holes till after it's hardened. use standoffs so you don't glue it to your table, and sand the hardened drips off. measure and mix properly or it will remain tacky.
one more thing...paint the back of your transparency the same color as your enclosure to avoid getting visible air bubbles under it. put it down on a thin layer of epoxy that you spread out with a tongue depressor

Haberdasher

thanks!

Is there a trick to getting the epoxy even on the sides or does gravity take care of it?  Or do you just not put any on the sides?
Looking for a discontinued madbean board?  Check out my THREAD

FABBED PCB's FOR SALE:
Now carrying Matched JFETS

gtr2

sorry for the thread derail...

but are waterslide decals not compatible with the epoxy?
1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

cjkbug

no they are but transparencies are cheaper, more durable, don't require clearcoat, repositionable, available at any office supply store in large quantities. they also make good Insulating material, drill templates and sometimes the right ones can be used to make etched pcb's.

vinnie

Your artwork is allways awesome cjkbug  :-*

bigmufffuzzwizz

They both look really good. Do you use a spray on enamel?
Owner and operator of Magic Pedals