News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

EAGLE schematic wires won't connect

Started by Mattallica, March 25, 2016, 06:47:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mattallica

Hello all,

I am hammering out a schematic in Eagle with the Madbean Library, and I'm having some trouble getting wires to connect to pins 1 &3 of the 16mm center-mount potentiometer. If I muck about with the component a bit, it will eventually auto-assign junction points at the pins, is this sufficient or is there a better way to get the wire to connect? Is there like a cntrl+click feature that will snap the wire to the nearest pin or something?

Forgive me if this has already been covered or I'm in the wrong room. Thanks in advance for your input!

Also, thank you Mr. Madbean for sharing your super-rad component library with all of us DIY'ers! It's the cat's pajamas.

m-Kresol

Check your grid. Usually you will need 0.05 and standard setting is 0.1 inch, iirc. I had the same problem with the capacitors.
The button for the grid is in the left upper corner
I build pedals to hide my lousy playing.

My projects are labeled Quantum Effects. My shared OSH park projects: https://oshpark.com/profiles/m-Kresol
My build docs and tutorials

daleykd

Quote from: m-Kresol on March 25, 2016, 08:43:10 AM
Check your grid. Usually you will need 0.05 and standard setting is 0.1 inch, iirc. I had the same problem with the capacitors.
The button for the grid is in the left upper corner
This.  With MBP lbrs, you need a 50 mil grid.

Mattallica

Great! I will give that a whirl, thanks duders!

One more newb question, I've taken a schematic to board and used the autorouter, and I now seem to have a mess of files on my desktop. Am I using the wrong directory for my project?

m-Kresol

hmmm... I usually create a poject (this creates a folder) and than use "new->schematic" which will create one inside the project folder. Eagle saves a number of files, I think temporary versions of your schematic and board.
Have a look at Jacob's tutorials. He shows how to create the schematic in the first episode, iirc.
I build pedals to hide my lousy playing.

My projects are labeled Quantum Effects. My shared OSH park projects: https://oshpark.com/profiles/m-Kresol
My build docs and tutorials

Mattallica

Just got home from work, tried the 50 mil grid and creating a project directory, WORKED A TREAT! Perfect connections with the madbean components! No mess on my desktop! I'm wiring up a storm now.

Thanks again guys!