News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Bearhug Compressor (old version)

Started by Tuxedo3, June 17, 2016, 11:37:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tuxedo3

Finished up a Bearhug that I've been really excited to put on my pedalboard. Turned out really really well. Sounds amazing with just the right amount of squish. What do you guys think? Still working on getting my wiring clean. Also, huge shoutout to desmondtencents for sending me some parts I was missing.

matmosphere

Very nice, that writing is plenty clean imo. Once it's closed up no one will ever care. I tend to leave wires a bit longer so that if I need to replace a switch or something there is a little extra to work with.

I just built a Bearhug on vero. It's a really nice sounding comp.

flanagan0718

Great build man! Glad someone could use the board!

-Mike-

midwayfair

Looks really clean. You might want to use some heat shrink on the LED. If something gets jostled it could short the power against the enclosure.

Tuxedo3

Quote from: flanagan0718 on June 18, 2016, 01:36:47 AM
Great build man! Glad someone could use the board!

I really appreciate it man!

Quote from: midwayfair on June 18, 2016, 01:59:18 AM
You might want to use some heat shrink on the LED. If something gets jostled it could short the power against the enclosure.

This. I'm was brain storming ideas about how to protect it, that's a solid idea.

jimilee

That looks real great. You should protect the joint between the resistor and the wire going to your led, keep it from shorting on the enclosure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.