News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

CA3080 needed for compressor

Started by Drew Hallenbeck, March 02, 2016, 12:37:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Drew Hallenbeck

Anybody have a reliable source for some CA3080's? Or maybe have a couple to spare/sell?
I'd really like to get my hands on a couple but they seem to be in short supply......
Building with my daughter and occasionally selling as "Daddy Daughter Pedal Works"
Not for any real profit, just trying to have a self-funding hobby.

EBRAddict

Smallbear has them

http://smallbear-electronics.mybigcommerce.com/ic-ca3080ae/

You can buy them direct from REI but they have a 40 pc minimum order.

Drew Hallenbeck

Thanks, not sure how I missed those. Could have sworn I checked over there.
Building with my daughter and occasionally selling as "Daddy Daughter Pedal Works"

EBRAddict

Quote from: desmondtencents on March 02, 2016, 12:44:55 AM
Thanks, not sure how I missed those. Could have sworn I checked over there.

Their search is wonky. I typed in CA3080 and got no results, I typed in 3080 and it found it.

artstomp

..hi..i got some mojo ca3080's...pm me if you're interested...yiu can have them in exchange for a1776 multiplex echo pcb..if that is ok with you..

Drew Hallenbeck

I only have a multiplex jr board. Still replied to your pm though....

artstomp

..hi..i've already got several single pt2399 delays..and i really wanted to build the multiplex echo machine...if i send you 4 mojo CA3080's...is it good enough for a multiplex echo pcb & H11F1 ?..by the way i'm located across the pond, Philippines.

..here's the pic...these are old and used CA3080's..some have broken pins..but at least 3 CA3080's have complete pins..

Muadzin

Were they stored in a flooded basement or something? That's some seriously rusted IC.

artstomp

...those were harvested from an old yamaha synthesizer...

Muadzin

If you're going to replace them all it probably won't be cheap. Not MN3005 expensive, but still not cheap.

GrindCustoms

I still have some excellent ones, RCA, listed on our store page if it can helps.

Rej
Killing Unicorns, day after day...

Building a better world brick by brick:https://rebrickable.com/users/GrindingBricks/mocs/

darrenw6000