News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Buing cheap on Ebay-question

Started by docljunior, February 18, 2016, 03:21:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

docljunior

Hi there! Here comes a very general question :)
I'm about to buy a lot of parts for several different projects. Usually I only buy resistors and some mechanical parts on Ebay but I have some 78L09 in my basket at the moment - 30pcs for $0.99. Mouser takes around $0.5 for one.
I would like to hear if anyone have some thoughts about what to avoid on Ebay. For instance, I sleep better at night when I've used caps from a pro store 10x the price, but I have perfectly working modules built with cheap Ebay caps.

Anyone?

flanagan0718

oh man, where to begin...

When I have to order parts from eBay I usually try and stick a couple of different vendors. I usually order parts from Tayda, JK_Parts, and Great-estate-electronics. There are a couple others but these ones I've had the most luck with.

I guess just beware of fakes and counterfit parts, I (like many others here) have been burnt many times.

-Mike-

Muadzin

Beware of cheap Chinese sellers. Like Polida. Fakers all of them. If its too good to be true, it usually always is.

Orbis_Ignis

I ordered some ca3080's from a Chinese seller and 10 were either fake or just bad. I ordered some lm308's from a Chinese seller on Amazon and so far those have been good.

Personally I don't think I'd buy from eBay Seller from China ever again. Luckily I wasn't out too much money.

I'd much rather buy from known sources like Tayda, Small Bear, BLMS, Mouser, Parts Express, Newark, etc

jball85

I don't mind buying resistors from random china based sellers, since you can get a 100 count for $0.99 most of the time. However, I wouldn't buy from China based sellers for anything else except maybe LED's. My main problem with buying from these sellers is the shipping time. I've had parts take 4-5 months to show up, which isn't cool.

darrenw6000

when it comes to ebay there are a few that sell good stuff like coolbuys16 and langtronics. dont buy any MN3207 chips on ebay...EVER...all fake, stuff like that stick to reputable sellers like mammoth. if you see anything thats too cheap then its prob shit quality and you will regret it. its all trial and error my friend.

peAk

I buy components all the time on Ebay with fine results. I don't do too much from China though. It just depends on what it is.

What I like about using Ebay is that when I am in a crunch, it allows me to grab a few special items with cheap shipping.

I have had fine results with China too....like (CA3080s, knobs, heat shrink, etc) but I know people have had bad experiences too.

So while I buy 90% of my stuff from Mouser and Smallbear, I still use Ebay from time to time.

jtaormina

I bought chinese copper solder braid on eBay. Two rolls for .99$. All it did was get hot and burn my fingers and anything it touched! It didn't remove Not one drop of solder. I was a bit suspicious when I placed it side by side with a actual good roll. Nice coppery goodness next to dark brown poop. I should have known better.

stevie1556

I order a lot of SMD parts from Aliexpress. Their payment system works better then PayPal as they hold the money for a set amount of days or until you confirm that you have your order. There is a lot of fakes on the site, but touch wood I've never had an issue from it, and all my parts have worked fine.

I've tried eBay for a few SMD chip, they turned up wrapped in kitchen foil and surprisingly didn't work, so I never use eBay for parts now.

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk