News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

First pedal

Started by ddj3891, February 14, 2016, 03:48:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ddj3891

I can't loud the video so you can hear it, but here's a photo of my very first pedal. It's a fuzz box from Tonefiend.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

ddj3891

Quote from: ddj3891 on February 14, 2016, 03:48:02 PM
I can't loud the video so you can hear it, but here's a photo of my very first pedal. It's a fuzz box from Tonefiend.

*load

jimilee

Nice job, I'm gonna need to see a gut shot. What's under the hood?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

Leevibe

Sweet! Yeah, don't be afraid to show the guts.

ddj3891

Quote from: Leevibe on February 14, 2016, 04:41:59 PM
Sweet! Yeah, don't be afraid to show the guts.
It's my first, so be gentle. My craftmanship needs work, but the more wires that got involved, the more overwhelming it got. I had to put tape over the footswitch connections because i shorted it out on the bottom plate. It's ugly but it works and I learned a lot.

matmosphere

That's not so bad, especially for a first build. You might be able to fix the shorting by taking the switch off and tightening the nut that goes on the inside if the case.

Keep up the good work!

jtaormina

Build 4-5 more then come back to this one. You'll end up redoing it with all sorts of new tricks.

selfdestroyer

Hey, if it works then its a success! It feels so good to get that first effect done and working. Once you become more comfortable with the build process you will find that attention to detail starts creeping in and your builds will start to take on a new life.

Quote from: jtaormina on February 14, 2016, 06:23:37 PM
Build 4-5 more then come back to this one. You'll end up redoing it with all sorts of new tricks.

This is so true.

Your build came out great! Play the hell out of it and start planing your next build.

Cody

jimilee

Oh wow, vero, very cool. Yeah my wiring starts out really neat, and by the end, I'm just ready to be done. Everyone's first build looks just like that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

Leevibe

Nice! A working pedal is the main thing. This is your baseline to grow from. Good job!

AntKnee

Ambitious first build!
Good work!
Don't forget to post it here, also:

http://www.madbeanpedals.com/forum/index.php?topic=21604.0

I build, and once in a while I might sell, pedals as "Vertigo Effects".