News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Bake on water slide decals

Started by AntKnee, February 09, 2016, 03:56:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AntKnee

Has anyone tried the laser bake on water slide decals that papilio has? Could a powdercoated enclosure stand up to 15 minutes at 325 degrees? Maybe this could be done with a bare enclosure?
I build, and once in a while I might sell, pedals as "Vertigo Effects".

Drew Hallenbeck

Sounds interesting, haven't heard of those. Do you have a link to the decal paper?
Building with my daughter and occasionally selling as "Daddy Daughter Pedal Works"
Not for any real profit, just trying to have a self-funding hobby.

AntKnee

I build, and once in a while I might sell, pedals as "Vertigo Effects".

jtaormina

Yes I have them. They work ok for me at best. I have trouble with getting all the bubbles out. I did not buy the lubrication or applicator they promote but kinda wish I had. I also found a single sheet is so thick that my laser printer ends up smearing large areas of color. My success was with them was just letters only and no pictures. Powder coating holds up just fine. In fact I powder coat my own stuff too. The powder bakes at 385-400. The decals at 340. It does not soften it or make it run. I think in part to the chemical process that happens with heat. Anyway Im not a huge fan of them. Prolly better off etching. (Which I need to break down and try one day.)