News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Two pedals for mortal men...(Total Recall) - short demo!

Started by Martan, January 19, 2016, 08:33:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martan

Built one for me and one for my good friend who got me into Tolkien. Both use the expansion board with 4 x 3008s. Both have a bit more fizzle in the repeats than I want, so I may revisit the bias (though it sounds like its coming from the NE570 output?). Anyway, wrote the knob labels in elvish script using an online translator ;) oh, and hidden LEDs

matmosphere

That led placement is so perfect. Really nice build.  The elvish is a nice touch.

Leevibe

Right on! Very nice work! Do the LEDs only glow if you throw them into the fireplace? :)

Jebus

m-Kresol

my precious!

Seriously great looking builds.
I build pedals to hide my lousy playing.

My projects are labeled Quantum Effects. My shared OSH park projects: https://oshpark.com/profiles/m-Kresol
My build docs and tutorials

Martan

Quote from: Leevibe on January 19, 2016, 08:46:08 PM
Right on! Very nice work! Do the LEDs only glow if you throw them into the fireplace? :)

Lol. I almost threw them in the fire after they both worked until being boxed😜 Both had an expansion board wire break on the way into the enclosure.

czapa tranzystor 2

Looks wery good aboard,nice color enclosure,how your power supply to have mA (buildup ) ?

I had problem with my proto board with 4xMN3008  ,sound without
modulation,maybe calibration,maybe not good chips.
purchased next board, i have to fill

Martan

Quote from: czapa tranzystor 2 on January 21, 2016, 10:45:06 PM
Looks wery good aboard,nice color enclosure,how your power supply to have mA (buildup ) ?

I had problem with my proto board with 4xMN3008  ,sound without
modulation,maybe calibration,maybe not good chips.
purchased next board, i have to fill

Hi and thanks! I haven't noticed any charge buildup at all (no measurements, I just don't notice anything unusual). I'm using a power supply from electroharmonix and chips from http://www.diyguitarpedals.com.au/. My only issue is maybe a little more noise in the repeats than I was expecting. I wnat to try it without the expansion board and compare the noise.

Thanks again, and good luck with your new one.

Marty

George

Man thats like the best idea ever. What a great theme for a pedal, oozes awesomness1!!

nzCdog

woah! great concept and excecution... love dem knobbies too!

Martan

Thanks everyone for hte kind words! I added a short demo