News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Time travel re-posts (I'm doing these in blocks in this thread).

Started by juansolo, January 21, 2016, 05:37:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mojo Fandangle

The art nouveau graphics look awesome.
I really like the general comics and illustration looks of your pedals.
I want to try some printed graphics stuff this year. Any tips for beginners?
"If you don't do it yourself, no-one else will do it yourself"

https://www.youtube.com/user/MarkDally

Jabulani Jonny

I'm loving these threads.  There is so much awesome in this one thread alone.  It's like a whole list of Build of the Year from you guys.  I love it. 
Jonathan

Leevibe

This is just ridiculous. SO much perfectly executed builds in such a short time span. Geez.

gtr2

1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

selfdestroyer

Damn son! Amazing work. Your gut shots always make me want to start over my builds and clean them up.

Cody

AntKnee

So many to take in at once!

I'm still surprised at your stockpile of cool art to use for graphics. Are you constantly sifting for stuff?
I build, and once in a while I might sell, pedals as "Vertigo Effects".

GrindCustoms

At some point in life, you have to learn to enjoy while being inadequate... ...i'm currently at that point...  :o
Killing Unicorns, day after day...

Building a better world brick by brick:https://rebrickable.com/users/GrindingBricks/mocs/

juansolo

Quote from: AntKnee on January 22, 2016, 04:41:02 AM
So many to take in at once!

I'm still surprised at your stockpile of cool art to use for graphics. Are you constantly sifting for stuff?

I do, I have a stash of things I've found that would suit pedals, and often just browse the net for interesting stuff.

Quote from: Dallius Mcnoob on January 21, 2016, 11:45:21 PM
The art nouveau graphics look awesome.
I really like the general comics and illustration looks of your pedals.
I want to try some printed graphics stuff this year. Any tips for beginners?

Loads. For the technique, there are tutorials on my site that cover the majority of it. I got asked a lot so did that with pics and everything.

A lot of it comes down to the decals. I use a transparent adhesive paper (it's actually film, but they call it paper). Finding a good one is part of the issue. The thicker stuff I used to get was easier to apply, but had stronger adhesive which made it a one shot affair. Also the adhesive didn't spread as easily being so thick which was a pain. The current batch is much thinner with weaker adhesive, which makes it much easier to get air bubbles, but the upside is that you can burst them, and the adhesive is so weak you can take a couple of goes at placing it without ruining the decal. The other downside is you have to be much more careful drilling as it's more prone to lifting. But I get nice results with it over all.

The other thing is the boxes. You'll notice we only use raw or white boxes. Use white for anything photorealistic or that you need to really pop. Otherwise you can get away with raw for just about anything arty. It just makes it more contrasty. We wet sand and polish the box tops of those. But not to a mirror finish as quite simply, the boxes we get would take machine sanding to get to that. But if you can, that would be desirable for most things. A lot of the Hammonds you can get a really nice result with a wet sand and polish.
Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk