News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Is this an Arcadiator?

Started by Luke51411, May 11, 2015, 11:27:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Luke51411

I saw this on Facebook and it seems really similar to an Arcadiator with a couple mods.
https://www.facebook.com/AggroJoe/videos/10205779801589492/?fref=nf
It is a product that's for sale so...

juansolo

Sounds more like a Wolf Computer, though not as mad.
Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

Luke51411

Well in that case I better find a way to come up with $400 :o

juansolo

Actually had a proper listen, it's got the lfo of an arcadiator, so might be a take on that too. Who knows. Either way, you don't need $400.
Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

Freppo

Interesting... Sounds very similar with the LFO engaged, but who's to tell. I'm not saying this is a modded arcadiator, but I guess it's just a matter of time before someone "steals" it to make a commersial product.

Luke51411

Quote from: Freppo on May 11, 2015, 10:00:49 PM
Interesting... Sounds very similar with the LFO engaged, but who's to tell. I'm not saying this is a modded arcadiator, but I guess it's just a matter of time before someone "steals" it to make a commersial product.
Yeah, it happens but if that does happen to be the case (not saying it is) I would find it ironic when he says people have complained about the price and then goes on to say how much is invested in it... Oh the world of booteek fuzz box builders. Whatever someone will pay for right? It just seemed similar in that it sounded kind of similar with the lfo. It seems to have the same switches plus a rotary I think, and 1 extra pot.

Freppo

I bluntly asked him what chips he used..  Same as in the arcadiator... "just with a lot of tweaks"
You can save your 400$ for something else imho...  ;D

Luke51411

Quote from: Freppo on May 11, 2015, 10:52:48 PM
I bluntly asked him what chips he used..  Same as in the arcadiator... "just with a lot of tweaks"
You can save your 400$ for something else imho...  ;D
Thanks for saving me all that money! I'm like 1/8th of the way to a klon now.