News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

If anyone wants a mostly neutral take what's going on in Baltimore right now

Started by midwayfair, April 27, 2015, 10:14:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lincolnic

Quote from: midwayfair on May 01, 2015, 03:14:16 PM
The report is described as "extremely thorough"; I'm hoping that the text will be released for public review.

I haven't seen the full text of the report anywhere yet, but this NY Times article features more details than I've seen elsewhere so far: http://www.nytimes.com/2015/05/02/us/freddie-gray-autopsy-report-given-to-baltimore-prosecutors.html?hp&action=click&pgtype=Homepage&module=a-lede-package-region&region=top-news&WT.nav=top-news

Thanks for defining "depraved heart" murder as well -- I was wondering about that myself.

What's the mood on the streets like at the moment?

midwayfair

lincolnic, everyone who isn't a police office sounds happy.

Okay, okay, some levity. The Baltimore FOP's account (@FOP3) has posted some of the funniest stuff I've read all week. They tried to use a GoFundMe account to raise money for the officers, and then complained when it was shut down with "no explanation" -- the site EXPLICITLY forbids raising money for people facing charges. They asked ...

"Where were all these video bloggers when police officers & fire fighters remained inside the WTC working to save lives?"

Every time I read it, I find some other reason to laugh about it. I'm currently thinking the account is either parody* or hacked.

*It's not parody, it's too old.