News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

The Double Barber

Started by Tremster, April 24, 2015, 05:36:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tremster

Here's a very tight one. Not the cleanest wiring, but proud to have all that stuff in there.
On the right side is a Barber Gain Changer clone. I got the PCB in a PIF from Cooder, so all the thanks for this great circuit goes to him. I promised to post a build report in return, so this is it.
On the left side is a clone of a Barber Direct Drive by Chi_Boy from Osh Park. The trimmers for Bass and Presence are regular pots on the outside. They're subtle but effective.
Also inside: 1776 Klon Buffer and Road Rage for more voltage.
The enclosure is just brushed, not treated otherwise.

How it sounds: warm and bright, smooth and raw with a very open kind of compression and the most transparent toan coloration.
Seriously, you know how these sound: glorious. I had orignal Barber both LTD and LTD SR, and Cooder's PCB sounds just like these but with more gain on tap. Love it!
This pedal is all the overdrive one needs.

jimilee

Wow, nice squeeze play

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

nzCdog

Sweet! Great 2in1 build man... I'm with you on the barber love... Madbeans sparkplug is also a fantastic barberesque OD :)

mjcyates

Nice! I would like to get a hold of one of the Gain Changer pcb's if there are any available. I have built the Direct Drive from Chi Boys OSH Park board. It sounds great.

playpunk

this is great! Love the simplicity, too.
"my legend grows" - playpunk

cooder

Great squeeze there Tremster! Glad you like it, glad it's rockin'!
Quote from: mjcyates on April 24, 2015, 08:11:12 PM
Nice! I would like to get a hold of one of the Gain Changer pcb's if there are any available. I have built the Direct Drive from Chi Boys OSH Park board. It sounds great.
I'll check if I have a spare one, will let you know.
BigNoise Amplification