News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Serendipity

Started by Used666, June 22, 2011, 10:34:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Used666

Finishing up my "on the bench" circuits over the next few days which include a Zendrive, Woolly Mammoth, Sonic Titan > SHO, and few others.

Started out with a Zen Drive Clone

Subbed a 4558 for the AD712 as per Madbeans recommendations but it's socketed so should I ever come across an AD712 i'll throw that in there.

Great sounding pedal with a unique feel to it.

cjkbug

I got a bunch of ad712's if you need one. pm your address and I'll drop one in the mail. It definately sounds a little different than the 4559's. in fact the serendipity is the only build I've liked them in.
I got blisters on my fingers!!!

Used666

petesz

i like it! clean wiring man.

thetrend77

Great job! Very T1M-esque lol

mjcyates

Used666

Thanks guys.

Also, I wasn't going for the T1M look. I always try to stay as aesthetically true to the original as I can.

nzCdog

Nice job man... so tidy inside!
I always wire mine up so quick, must take more care. 

slimtriggers

Nice!  I think everyone on here must have better wiring than I do :(

Where did you get the LED lens cover?  I've seen 'em @ Radio Shack, but wonder if there's a better source?

gtr2

Very nice!  I love flat black!  :)

Josh
1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

petesz

k.rock!

This looks great! Love the black finish. It's just cool :)

I've seen these Lens covers at Banzai: http://www.banzaimusic.com/Fresnel-lens-5mm-flat-clear.html

-Kaleb
God bless!
www.kalebromero.com

aflynt

I actually prefer the JRC4558D in the Serendipity. Of the more hi-fi opamps, I liked the TLC2262CP and the AD712 best, but they still sound more constrained and sterile than the JRC. It's almost like they are too clean and hard in the attack, where you hear a clean and fuzzy sound at the same time.

-Aaron

Used666

Quote from: k.rock! on June 23, 2011, 01:17:44 PM
This looks great! Love the black finish. It's just cool :)

I've seen these Lens covers at Banzai: http://www.banzaimusic.com/Fresnel-lens-5mm-flat-clear.html

-Kaleb

That's exactly what it is, I get them from Mouser.

bigmufffuzzwizz

That is one smooth looking pedal! Sometimes all they really just need to be is one nice color  :)
Owner and operator of Magic Pedals