News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Moodring+Zero Point Micro

Started by rm77, April 12, 2015, 05:34:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rm77

First Madbean build: order-switching Moodring+Zero Point Micro II. This was my 2nd "non-kit" build and a lot harder than the 1st, a bazz fuss. Learned a lot thru trial and error and at the end of the day it works! Here are some of the issues I ran into:

-Almost screwed myself by not being careful enough with drilling...both for pots fitting right and for fitting both PCB's
-Had a cool multi-color LED for bypass switch indicator set to cycle between colors, but stay red if you flipped a switch...worked great until I accidentally blew the LED! I then realized that my order-switcher LED's could also by the bypass indicator, and decided to save the fancy "on-light" for another build. Unfortunately still have the drill-holes for the LED and switch, but oh well...
-Footswitches too close...works ok, but need more spacing in the future
-Forgot to plan for the Moodring dry-kill switch, but luckily it fit down by the footswitches. It's actually "under" the ZPM II rather than Moodring, but whatever...

jimilee

Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

Leevibe

pickdropper

That paint job is neat!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

TGP39

This is unbelievable. I have close to 25 builds under my belt and I still haven't attempted a 2 in 1 yet.  This is one ambitious forum I tell ya. :)
This is a great job and you will certainly learn how to plan proper layouts from this as well. I'm really excited to see your future builds. Great stuff.

Steve.
Follow me on Instagram under PharmerFx.

bcalla

I love the yin-yang thing you've got going on there.  Very cool.

selfdestroyer

I bet those circuits sound great together. Great job.

Cody

cooder

BigNoise Amplification

alanp

"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website