News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Arcadiator static

Started by AntKnee, April 05, 2015, 11:51:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AntKnee

Is there a way to reduce the static in my Arcadiator build? It seems like mine has excess fuzzy static between notes and when they fade out. I know there will be some of this no matter what, but just wondering if there is any way to reduce it?
Thanks
I build, and once in a while I might sell, pedals as "Vertigo Effects".

Betty Wont

That sounds similar to the problem I had with my first attempt. I thought it was the chips so got a second set from another supplier and it didn't change. I ended up swapping most everything out and never got it working right. I built a second one and it works perfectly without the static decay with ALL the chips I had bought. I never solved it, sorry.

AntKnee

My first thought was the IC's, as well. Maybe the wiring needs to be shielded?

Betty Wont

Quote from: AntKnee on April 06, 2015, 05:11:31 PM
My first thought was the IC's, as well. Maybe the wiring needs to be shielded?
I don't think so. I made both of mine the same without shielding. And you would assume if it is shielding related that single coils would be worse than buckers, and it wasn't the case for me. Mine made the static regardless of input type and strength. I was initially thinking it was tracking related but hooking up my synth showed that it wasn't that. The gate is strong on my working one and there is no sign of interference. Which board and version are you using? My issue was on rully's 1A board, but the 1B board is the one that worked for me. Both were verified and I used the same parts or part lots on both.

TGP39

Anthony, try moving or re-routing the power wires. It's worth a shot.

Steve.
Follow me on Instagram under PharmerFx.

AntKnee

I bought a couple of the rev 1B boards from Rullywow. I'm almost done with another one, and I will see how it works. It looks like the only difference is that rev 1B has an extra diode. Maybe that is bad. I'll test it.

Steve, I'll give that a try.