News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Uproar!!!

Started by nzCdog, June 16, 2011, 02:20:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

petesz

demo sounds really good, do you remember what specific cap values you change?

nzCdog

Sure man...  I started with Madbean's and Culturejam's suggestions both here and on FSB. 
I ended up with:

CP=1uF (I have wired up the Presence mod)
C8=10n
C9=2n2
C10=10n

For the SDMB mod I used a 2n2 cap... subtle effect changing the mid focus more than the stock SDMB 10n.
Getting the caps right is huge to the sound of the pedal... (duh really?) YMMV... good luck :)

bigmufffuzzwizz

Just listened to the demo (which is awesome) and now I realized I missed your completed build! I'll have to experiment with the cap values on mine like your suggesting. It looks great and I'm super into the handpainted artwork. I noticed Montana cans mentioned and I'll add they are some of the finest spray cans available. I too have some graffitti friends and they would use this brand and "belton" when they could afford it (almost never). The cans are something like $6-$8 bucks but they sell colors that aren't available other ways. I have a few that were given to me and it makes the job soo easy. I'm horrible with a can but I still produce clean results using Montana cans with a proper tip for them. Here's an example: http://www.bombingscience.com/shop-tips.htm
Owner and operator of Magic Pedals

nzCdog

Hey thanks man... those tips look cool, I never thought about getting decent tips to use.  Makes sense as I usually get 3/4 through a can before the tip starts to cause problems  :)

bigmufffuzzwizz

Quote from: nzCdog on June 19, 2011, 07:53:22 AM
Hey thanks man... those tips look cool, I never thought about getting decent tips to use.  Makes sense as I usually get 3/4 through a can before the tip starts to cause problems  :)

I know exactly what you mean. Some of these tips will work on regular cans but they make the pressure go beserk! I've seen my buddy do a basketball size single spray with a montana 3x can and NY super fat. But I personally like your artist a lot!!  ;D Stoked to see more!
Owner and operator of Magic Pedals