Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Megalith

Started by glops, April 01, 2015, 08:15:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blearyeyes

Wow. Great concept! GNARLY..

lincolnic

That thing looks brutal as hell. So good!

glops

Thanks everybody for the kind words! I think when Brian puts out a board in the etcher's paradise lot, it's gonna be a popular one. It's my favorite fuzz by far and I've built a bunch!

TGP39

I'm afraid of this thing!  ;D
Beautiful etch.

Steve.
Follow me on Instagram under PharmerFx.

cooder

Scary beautiful! Mission acomplished!
BigNoise Amplification

jimilee

Brutal indeed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

Ettore_M

Awesome! Well done, mate..
Been there, done that with new girlfriend and job. But then again, somehow we manage to do it all.. Supermanly.. Haha.. :D

Hector
" I would first try what I call The American Approach, which is simply this: "If X is good, then 2X simply HAS TO BE twice as good."  ;D "
- Culturejam

alanp

Quote from: glops on April 01, 2015, 08:15:51 PM
Hi Chaps, first pedal of the year. Girlfriend and new job are taking away all my free time :(

So, love, sex, and money are less important than pedals? You're going to need a gutshot as well to impress this crowd!

More seriously, I like that etch on the panel. Nicely grungy, but at the same time, not overdone.
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

Guitarmageddon

Sure looks the part! 8)
Spud knows tone!

Captain Cod at
www.codtone.com

playpunk

Wow. Love this one.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
"my legend grows" - playpunk

glops

Dudes (and gals)!

Thanks for all the kind words. I made a super quick and dirty layout on a really old version of DIY layout creator a long while ago and etched three boards.  I made one into a pedal awhile back but it has developed some squealing problems. The other two boards have been collecting dust since. I remember testing the other two at some point and that this new one I just built had a different and better sound. All of them had a few different components but at the same values but I really think the caps made a difference but who knows. This build works great except for the boost/more switch is doing its job which means I just have to debug. This effect really does;t need the boost but when you turn it on it really is "why not?"

glops

Quote from: Ettore_M on April 02, 2015, 06:50:17 AM
Awesome! Well done, mate..
Been there, done that with new girlfriend and job. But then again, somehow we manage to do it all.. Supermanly.. Haha.. :D

Hector

Yeah, the new job comes with an hour + commute each way everyday. The job is great and horrible like every job but steady (been freelance for years) so a nice change with steady good pay. But I am missing not having a gal and being slow at work. It's sick to think, but god i miss those days of being able to do nothing but breadboard and sit on the couch and watch a movie in the middle of the day. Almost heaven.