News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

DIY Guitar Pedal Interview (part2)

Started by chromesphere, March 25, 2015, 10:06:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chromesphere

Hey guys,
Not a fan of formal interviews but i've been talking to Shane from InTheBlues (gear reviewer) alot, really nice dude and he talked me into it (i talked him into building pedals so now we're even). 
So here i am again representing our world and assimilating the non believers...or just crapping on maybe :)
Anyway, how did i go?  :-[
Part 1 of (prob 3)

Pedal Parts Shop              Youtube

TGP39

Paul, you did a great job. Very informative and entertaining. I enjoyed listening to some of the noobie mistakes that can and  usually do occur. Looking forward to the other parts. Well done. :)

Steve.
Follow me on Instagram under PharmerFx.

chromesphere

Thanks Steve!  I tried to tone down on the technical talk as his audience are guitarists / gear enthusiasts and of course, not everyone knows what a 3pdt is :) but I think we start talking a bit more heavily in the next section. 

I need to brush up on talking formally as well.  You know, like...shut up for 5 seconds so the other guy can talk as well lol

Ill post the next video here when its uploaded in case anyone's watching it ;)

alanp

Minor note, the codecs could use some work. It sounds like the news segments where the correspondant is in Antarctica! Other than that, very interesting :)

Oh, and point out to your listeners that if a meatworker like me can build a Klee Sequencer and a A/DA Flanger, they have no excuse!
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

chromesphere

Yeah i think that was from my side, we were using skype and i host my sites / webstore so my connection kind of gets a bit whipped!

I agree, i think most 'players' probably think building pedals is rocket science.  On an assembly level and imo, I dont think they are at all.

alanp

You probably shouldn't tell them that I was having huge fun copying schematics in home room in seventh form, then.
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

chromesphere

chromesphere

Part 2 of the podcast for anyone following along. 

I think I may have been a little harsh toward mad professor  :-[ lol