News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Hold to Clear/Undo with circuit to simulate switch Hold?

Started by Beedoola, March 27, 2015, 10:54:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Beedoola

Looking at some of the compact loopers out there, most require a long-press of the footswitch to clear or undo a overdub.

I wanted to know if there is a way to simulate a long-press of a footswitch with a circuit so that in order to clear or undo a loop, all one has to do is just hit a footswitch attached to this circuit and said circuit takes the switch signal - NC or NO and makes it last for a duration to trigger the function in the pedal. That make sense?

I know it may be over kill as some people have no problem holding a footswitch for a few seconds to clear a loop but I usually play standing up and I'd much rather just be able to hit a footswitch to trigger the process.

My idea is that the mod would work with any pedal by just attaching an additional footswitch  - with the circuit in question -  to the main footswitch on the pedal (in parallel) and then when it comes time to clear/undo a loop, you hit the alternative footswitch and that gets processed by the circuit to simulate a long-press of the footswitch.

Any ideas about how to do this?