News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

NPD #2 - My Fat Pants Build

Started by Rich_S, June 16, 2011, 03:24:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rich_S

I finally made time to clear out some pedal-project backlog.  Here's my take on the Fat Pants.  It is named, obviously,  after the foremost song by the foremost user of the EP-3 Echoplex which inspired the circuit (not to mention the awesome movie he appeared in recently).

Switchable cap values are 22nF, none, 56nF.  Preliminary testing through my Vox Amp Plug (Marshall version) indicates these settings correspond to "bright", "fat", and "really bright", respectively. I don't know if I'll ever use the 56nF position, but I'll leave it - probably can't get that cap out without ruining the other one.

I went with the 50K volume pot spec'd in the Fart Pants V1 documentation (this is a V1 board I've had sitting for a year.

I have yet to play it through my 18 Watter, but plan a big shootout this weekend.  My pedalboard has room for two boost/dirt pedals and I have to select from this, my new Rat clone (see other thread), my old Nutrino, and a couple of modded SD-1s.  Should be fun.
I am using you; am I amusing you? - Martha Johnson

k.rock!

QuoteI went with the 50K volume pot spec'd in the Fart Pants V1 documentation (this is a V1 board I've had sitting for a year.

Fart Pants.....haha :D

Looks great, I like the Whole Lotta labels  8)

-Kaleb
God bless!
www.kalebromero.com

Rich_S

k.rock!

Quote from: Rich_S on June 16, 2011, 04:03:54 PM
I swear to God that's a typo.

That's a shame cause it would've made an awesome pedal name hahaha

-Kaleb
God bless!
www.kalebromero.com

nzCdog

Quote from: k.rock! on June 16, 2011, 03:48:46 PM
QuoteI went with the 50K volume pot spec'd in the Fart Pants V1 documentation (this is a V1 board I've had sitting for a year.

Fart Pants.....haha :D

Looks great, I like the Whole Lotta labels  8)

-Kaleb

Uh-oh... I might just have to build one now, just to call it a Fart Pants lol

Cool pedal Rich_S!!!

plesur

bigmufffuzzwizz

Great job! I really like the classic look. When I get my Fat Pants boxed up, its definitely going on my board!
My favorite part of that movie was JP talking about the song Rumble.  ;D
Owner and operator of Magic Pedals

Rich_S

Me too!  I love that a guy his age can still be so excited about a song that he can't help playing air guitar to the record.  My other favorite part was the look on Edge's and Jack White's faces when Pagey started playing Whole Lotta Love.

cjkbug

...And from this day forth....it shall be known as....FART PANTS!!!!!
I got blisters on my fingers!!!