News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

ID Klon Clone

Started by jy, February 28, 2015, 08:19:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jy

Hello, great forum!

Does anyone recognize this board?  It's very 'bright' kind of thin sounding, and has low gain compared to the Sunking ver.2 I have.

Thanks-

Luke51411

A picture of the solder side may be helpful.

jy

Quote from: Luke51411 on February 28, 2015, 08:27:11 PM
A picture of the solder side may be helpful.
;D

It's not a pretty sight:

jy

Seems to be the same as the board in this thread.

Knock off or early Sunking board?

Any ideas why R28 would be left in the circuit and not on the switch?

Would anyone happen to have the original project files?

Thanks.

mremic01

Was it etched on red copper clad? Or maybe painted? What's up with those electrolytics? They look like the builder heat shrinked them.

It's definitely a Sunking.

jy

Quote from: mremic01 on March 01, 2015, 09:51:55 PM
Was it etched on red copper clad? Or maybe painted? What's up with those electrolytics? They look like the builder heat shrinked them.

It's definitely a Sunking.

Not too sure about the build, I don't know a whole lot about building pedals, but I think you're right about it being a Sunking though. I found some stuff over at FSB that pretty much confirms that. My only question is why wasn't the R28 resistor moved over to the switch, or does it even matter?

Just for the record, I've been comparing these 2 pedals all weekend, and the one one on the left seems to be blowing the other away.
Tone wise the newer one is really dark with  more gain. Kind of muddy.
The other is more transparent with the right amount of break up. (Strat going to 68 Vibrolux).

mremic01

There's no doubt that it's a Sunking, but it's either one purchased from Brian w/out the silkscreen (or the silkscreen removed or painted over), or it's etched from the build doc on red copper clad. In other words, it's definitely the Sunking layout, but the PCB material is a bit weird looking.

rullywowr

Sunking on red copper clad...

DIY Guitar Pedal PCB projects!

selfdestroyer

Etched Sunking on red FR4. looks like the red FR4 I get from eBay from time to time.

Cody

jy

I actually found a very faint 'Sunking' on one of the borders.

jy

Any ideas as to why the one is so much louder and has more bass? It really sounds like crap compared to the older board.

Not really an expert, but I've covered all the values, and they all seem correct. Could the tone pot make the difference?

Thanks-Jim

jy