News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Test setup upgrade!

Started by Luke51411, March 06, 2015, 03:02:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Luke51411

Ok so it's still not much... But it has bypass and on board power jack now,!
It was in the same house before but it just had jacks with wires for in, out, ground. I used to Hooke the power jack right up to the breadboard. Yup I'm moving up! Now I can compare to clean tone, adjust for unity gain, etc

Hogharry

Nice upgrade! :D I'm planning a stomp upgrade for mine.
...and then of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left hand side...

Luke51411

Quote from: Hogharry on March 06, 2015, 09:18:54 AM
Nice upgrade! :D I'm planning a stomp upgrade for mine.
Yeah its worth it. The more I think about it the more I realize how much time it will save. It will give me an idea if something needs to be fixed that is causing switch popping and comparing to clean tone will be helpful. Now I need to build one with a built in audio probe for when things don't work quite right.

Hogharry

I'd been thinking about the probe idea,as,well. You don't need to build anything different, just use your test set up but connect the probe to the place that you would normally connect the board output.  8)
...and then of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left hand side...

FloorIt

Can you describe what this does?

Luke51411

Quote from: FloorIt on March 09, 2015, 05:07:57 PM
Can you describe what this does?
Sure. A very basic description is it allows me to use unboxed pcbs without their own jacks, switch, etc to be used as if they were boxed. The wires go to the breadboard. I color code the wires so Green goes to the input of the circuit, Yellow goes to the output of the circuit, red goes to the circuit power and black goes to the circuit ground. It is very useful for finding out if a pedal work and then testing it out to see if you like it. Now that I've included the stomp it allows comparison to your clean signal. It is a useful tool, most people in the hobby for long have a test setup that performs a similar function.

kgull

Found one of these cheap at a closing ratshack and put it on mine. Don't even need a breadboard!