Main Menu

I cannot say no to this....

Started by madbean, March 02, 2015, 03:08:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mremic01

Quote from: pickdropper on March 02, 2015, 08:49:57 PM

Quote from: selfdestroyer on March 02, 2015, 08:45:58 PM
Quote from: VanDerchuck on March 02, 2015, 07:00:45 PM
Man. You're truly outrageous... Wait, wrong Jem.

I hope I was not the only one that got this..

Cody

Unfortunately, I got it to.  It's an atrocious show.  It was terrible in the 80's when my sister liked it.  Now, through some sort of weird Kharmic retribution, my daughter found it on Netflix and watches it.  I must have done something seriously wrong in a former life.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jem is awesome. It's so bad that it's good. With a sprinkling of '80s awesomeness/ridiculousness. Ok, more than just a sprinking. I want to play in a Jem cover band with a sparkly pink Jem through this: http://jimmarshall.co.uk/media/charities_sponsor/pink-amps.jpg.

micromegas

Quote from: pickdropper on March 02, 2015, 07:28:15 PM
It looks great (I always liked the white Jems the best).

I'm curious how the pickups compare to the Evolution pickups in the higher priced Jems.  Those Evo pickups are nice; I've long considered putting a pair in my RG-570

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
A friend of mine has a pair on his Ibanez and they sound really great. Awesome for high gain sustain (as one could expect)
'My favorite programming language is solder' - Bob Pease

Software Developer @ bela.io

jprizz

Quote from: culturejam on March 02, 2015, 09:03:01 PM
I must have done something seriously wrong in a former life.

More like you did something Truly Outrageous.  ;D
You guys have me cracking up at my desk. If I was drinking my coffee I'd be cleaning my monitor right now...

pickdropper

Quote from: culturejam on March 02, 2015, 09:03:01 PM
I must have done something seriously wrong in a former life.

More like you did something Truly Outrageous.  ;D

Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

Bret608

I remember Jem too...it was out at like the same time as She-Ra, right? You know, He-Man's sis? First notable (failed) attempts to get boys and girls to like the same cartoon characters/toys.

Funny true story, though...anyone remember the band Luna? The girl who voiced the Jem character actually went on to be the bass player in that band, and is singer/guitarist Dean Wareham's partner.