News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

NPD!

Started by Stomptown, February 23, 2015, 06:29:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stomptown

Sorry, it's not new pedal day; it's new printer day!!!  I've been using FedEx Office and Staples for all of my etching transfers but I finally decided to pull the trigger and save myself all the unnecessary trips and money.  After reading reviews from some of the members here I decided to go with a Brother HL3230D for $59.99.  After adjusting the printer setting and printing my first transfer I was a bit skeptical  The toner just didn't look that thick and there were a couple lines visible from the paper going through the printer. I decided to move ahead and try out a transfer and etch before coming to any conclusions and the results were amazing!  The transfer process was way easier and the toner did not bleed at all so the text and graphics were pristine!  Needless to say, I was pretty stoked to get such great results for such a cheap price. It's not pic worthy but I just thought I'd share my experience with you guys in case anyone else was in the market for a printer.

rullywowr

Congrats man. I recently got a Brother 2270dw and love it.  Use it for everything.  The Amazon replacement toner is dirt cheap too and works awesome. 

DIY Guitar Pedal PCB projects!

Stomptown

Thanks for the tip!  I haven't even priced out toner, but first cheap sounds good to me!